Based on a public vote, the movies range from children’s to adventure films, with some classic blockbusters in between. All films are PG-13 or less, but parents are encouraged to read reviews to make sure the films are good for their families.
The Library’s outdoor movie series begins its sixth season on Friday, September 11. The movies kick off at dusk, around 8 p.m., and will end before 10 p.m.
Admission is free and open to the public.
- Field of Dreams (PG) on September 11
- The Goonies (PG) on September 18
- Kung Fu Panda (PG) on September 25
- Casablanca (PG) on October 2
- Wallace and Grommit in the Curse of the Were-Rabbit (G) on October 9
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (PG 13) on October 16
The Library started this annual movie series to highlight its vast collection of film, music and audiobooks. Check out www.knoxlib.org for the weekly schedule, and other details, or call 865-215-8767 for more information.
Movies on Market Square is made possible through the generous support of Pilot Corporation, Pet Safe, The Tomato Head, The Trust Company, Metro Pulse, B97.5, and WBIR TV 10.