Exciting new advances in the early detection of stroke are saving lives. You can reduce your risk of stroke by taking advantage of the special StrokeScore & More screening offered exclusively by Covenant Health. StrokeScore sessions are being scheduled for January 19 and January 26, 2011.
Your StrokeScore & More session will last approximately one hour and will include the following screenings:
- Stroke Self-Assessment
- Ankle Brachial Index (ABI) to screen for peripheral vascular disease
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm ultrasound (AAA) to screen for weaknesses in the wall of the aorta
- Carotid Artery Screening to detect plaque build-up in the carotid arteries of the neck
- Lipid Profile to measure total cholesterol, the good (HDL) and bad cholesterol (LDL), triglycerides and glucose. A 12-hour fast is required. (Medications can be taken with water. If you have diabetes, check with your physician before fasting.)
- Atrial fibrillation screening to detect heart arrhythmia
- Blood Pressure to detect high blood pressure
LeConte Medical Center offers StrokeScore & More at select times throughout the year. The complete screening package is $100, a great value for this life-saving test. To schedule your appointment in January, please call LeConte Medical Center at 453.WELL (9355). Appointments fill up quickly so schedule your test today.