When: April 17 – 18 2015
Where: NEW LOCATION – LeConte Center at Pigeon Forge
Official Website: rodrun-pigeonforge.com
Top 5 traffic tips from pigeonforgerodrun.com:
5. Plan accordingly. If you’re in town for a car show, savor each muscle-car moment on the Parkway. Take time to talk to each owner or group; Pigeon Forge folks are always friendly and they love talking about their rides! If the car shows just aren’t your scene, it might be wise to avoid town those weekends. If your trip overlaps with a Pigeon Forge Rod Run and you’d rather skip it, take time out to explore the Smoky Mountains or visit in neighboring Gatlinburg for a day!
4. Ride the trolley. The Fun Time Trolley is a public transportation system in Pigeon Forge, that offers an alternative to driving! The trolley travels between Pigeon Forge, Sevierville and Gatlinburg, so it’s always on the go! Learn more about the trolley at PigeonForge.com.
3. Walk! Take advantage of Pigeon Forge’s crisp Smoky Mountain air and walk! The Pigeon Forge Parkway, the main drag in town, is a straight, six-mile strip and is pedestrian-friendly. Get some exercise by seeing the local sights on foot.
2. Beat the rush. If you’re driving in to Pigeon Forge for the weekend, beat the weekend rush traffic by arriving before 3 p.m. on Friday. Not only will you get first dibs and early check-in at your hotel, but you’ll arrive before most other travelers heading into town.
1. Just relax! Even if you get trapped in traffic, don’t sweat it. Remember, you’re in Pigeon Forge to have fun! Don’t let the clock dictate your vacation. There will always be another show or another open table at the restaurant. Treasure each moment spent with your family in Pigeon Forge’s Smoky Mountain paradise without worrying.