By Jennifer Brown
There’s something so rustic and old fashioned about a Bundt Cake. They’ve been gracing the Sunday supper table of Southern homes since the 1950’s. We’ve took the this Bundt to the next level by using hard cider and adding a beautiful white cider glaze.
- 3 sticks butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp. apple pie spice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup Hard Apple Cider
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat butter and sugar until creamy with mixer. Add eggs and continue to mix until all blended.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, apple pie spice and baking powder. Add half of the flour mixture alternating with the cider to the batter and mix to incorporate. Continue with remaining flour and cider.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan and pour batter into pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until tester stick comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool 10 minutes in the pan before inverting onto a cake plate.
- While Cake is cooling stir together 3 cups of powdered sugar, 1/4 cup hard cider and a pinch of salt. Drizzle over cooled cake before serving.